How to jailbreak iPhone 8 plus without a computer?
Apple’s much-touted iOS 11 is here and the urge to break it free from the clutches of a closed system is high among the nerd crowd.
Traditionally Apple fans used to love their phones to stay jailed in its closed ecosystem. But with the modding culture becoming big in the Android community, it was only a time, the infectious urge spread to the Apple community.
So how do you jailbreak iPhone 8 plus if you don’t have access to a computer?
There is a method called Electra jailbreak that can be used without a PC.
An unknown developer who goes by nickname Coolstar has released an unauthorised app that can jailbreak the following devices as long as they are running on iOS 11.2 through 11.3.1.
Starting from iPhone 5S, up to iPhone X
iPad mini 2 until iPad mini 4
All versions of iPad Pro and a few other devices.
Before you jailbreak your phone, remember that going ahead with the act may void your warranty, brick your phone or cause other unexpected problems. So do not do this on your main device and be aware of your actions.
What do you need?
You just need an internet connection and a browser that can open unauthorised websites.
Here are the steps.
- Go to tweakboxapp website and tap on the Tweakbox Apps. Click on Electra 11.3.1. If you don’t find it readily, use the search box.
- Hit install and pay attention to the popup notification and note the profile name.
- On your phone, open Settings> General> Device management tap on Trust and then hit on Trust once more to give permission to Electra app.
- Come out of the screen and launch the Electra app. Click on jailbreak and wait. After a few minutes, your phone will reboot.
- Once your phone restarts, go back to Electra app and hit on jailbreak once again. After a minute the phone will reboot again and this time, you will see another app next to Electra called Cydia, which shows your iPhone is now jailbroken.
One word of caution. Keep the Electra app on your phone if you want to keep it jailbroken. If you update your phone to a new version, it will get locked again.
Before you jailbreak your phone, back up your iDevice to the cloud. That way, your data will be safe in case your phone bricks or gets into an endless bootloop.